Entry into Austria
Since May 19, 2021, Austria has new entry regulations, which are based on the ECDC map for risk areas. Thereby applies
- green/orange: free entry
- red: entry only for tested, vaccinated or recovered persons
- dark red: entry only for tested, vaccinated or recovered persons plus quarantine (free testing after 5 days).
The details of the upcoming regulation as well as the entry requirements from non-EU countries are still being worked out. Further daily updated information about entry regulations and valid rules in Austria can be found on the following websites:
Arrival at the hotel
Upon arrival at the hotel, all guests over the age of 10 must provide one of the following proofs:
- Negative self-test with registration in an official data processing system, max. 24h before arrival.
- Negative result of an antigen test, max. 48h prior to arrival
- Negative result of a PCR test, max. 72h prior to arrival
- Confirmation of a received first vaccination from the 22nd day after vaccination
- Under certain conditions, a medical certificate confirming that you have overcome an infection.
In order to be able to use all services during your stay, such as our organic & regional breakfast, our fitness area or our lounge, we ask you to keep one of the above mentioned proofs up to date during your time in Vienna. This means that during a longer stay further tests are necessary to meet the legal requirements. However, these test results will allow you access to restaurants and sights in Vienna.
We are very happy to provide you with free PCR gargle tests at your hotel. After a quick online registration, the test can be performed completely painless within a few minutes. Hand in the test at the reception before 08:30 in the morning and receive the result by e-mail within 24h. This is then valid for our hotel as well as for all restaurants and sights for 72 hours from the time of testing. Alternatively, we will be happy to help you book an appointment in one of Vienna’s test streets (free of charge) or in a nearby pharmacy (€38,-). The rapid tests performed there by nasal swab are valid for 48h.
If you do not have a valid proof at the time of your arrival, we are also happy to provide you with a free antigen test for self-testing. However, this is only valid for the services offered in our hotel and also only for 24 hours.