The Viennale: The austrian Film festival in Vienna
National & international film premieres in October in Viennese cinemas
In October, everything in Vienna has been revolving around the topic of ” movies” since 1978. Both national and international filmmakers show their work at the Viennale, the Austrian film festival held in the city of Vienna. Film premieres as well as discussions, exhibitions and concerts are presented to the public for two weeks in five different cinemas. You too can be there when the cultural film event brings together movie stars and lovers in autumn in Vienna once again.
All facts on the Viennale at a glance
- Austria’s largest international film event
- 14 days in October each year
- Screenings in the following 5 cinemas: Gartenbaukino, Urania, Metro-Kino, Stadtkino, Filmmuseum and Künstlerhaus-Kino.
- Display of 300 films by national and international directors
- In addition to film premieres, the event also features discussions, exhibitions and concerts, as well as program news
- Your boutique hotel The Harmonie Vienna is located only a few kilometers from the Viennale cinemas
365 days of culture in Vienna: film festival in summer & year-round theaters & operas
Not only in autumn during the Viennale, the metropolis of Vienna is enlivened by renowned cultural events. Visit the most popular open air event at the town hall square in summer – the film festival. There, in the middle of the city, you can attend live broadcasts of films, operas or dance performances. Theater and opera lovers spend their evenings all year round in the famous theaters and opera houses of the city. Whether it’s the Vienna Burgtheater, the Volksoper or the Schauspielhaus – culture is a must in Vienna. All this in every season of the year.
Are you excited to get to know Vienna from a different angle?
The central location of The Harmonie Vienna is ideal for getting to know the city center in greater detail.Book an exhilarating city vacation